Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Finally

Somehow we managed to get an episode out this week (audio / pdf), but truth to tell, the Nostrumite is in a state of permanent depression over the whole health care bill deal. The thing is, he has perfectly good health care coverage at Tennessee Williams HS, so he needs this like he needs a hole in the head. On the other hand, at the bookstore where I work, the closest thing we have to a health care plan is a half-empty jar of outdated aspirin in the employee bathroom. So I'll benefit royally while he gets nothing out of it at all. I guess I said "Hoo-ha!" to him one too many times or something. Whatever. In any case, I've already made an appointment with my podiatrist to have these pesky bunions removed. And maybe a few corns while he's at it. And the Nostrumite is just staring at me as if I just robbed Fort Knox or something. (He's obviously never had any foot problems.)

Thank you, Congress. Thank you, Obama. And thank you, Mite, for earning enough to pay all those extra taxes to make my feet finally look less like barnacle-encrusted shipwrecks and more like nuclear-powered submarines.

(I think I need to buy a book of metaphors with the money I'll save on podiatry. That last one just isn't working for me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment